June 6, 2013
Before I get to the gist of my post, may I squee just for a second?
Look! COMMITMENT was chosen as a finalist in the Single Title category for the GDRWA Booksellers Best Award! Squeeee!
Sorry, I had to dance a little bit. I’m just so excited!
Ahem. Okay. Thanks for indulging me. Back to our regularly scheduled post.
We all have quotes that pop into our heads from time to time. Some are more famous than others. A few might double as a personal credo. Others may only fit a specific situation. More than one of mine is silly, but there are a couple that always make me stop and think.
Today I want to share a few of my favorite quotes, and maybe you can share some of yours. Who knows? You may be hoarding the gem I’ve been looking for my whole life.
1) ‘Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
2) “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3) “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
4) “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain
5) “I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it.” – Marilyn Monroe
6) “Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without.” –James. C. Dobson
7) “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
8) “Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.” – George Carlin
9) “Hey, did anyone ever think that maybe Sylvia Plath wasn’t crazy, she was just cold?” – Amy Sherman-Palladino, creator The Gilmore Girls
10) “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Margaret Mitchell, Gone With the Wind.
Your turn! Hit me with a few!