March 6, 2014
I’m sorry I’ve been AWOL lately, I’ve been on the road again. As a matter of fact, I’ve been gone 3-4 days out of each week. Let me tell you, I’ve become pretty adept at the packing and unpacking. I’ve also learned to travel with a few creature comforts. Some may seem a bit odd, but when one is gone for half the week each week, it’s important to have what you need on hand.
Here are a few of my must-have traveling companions:
1) Paper as well as digital – You don’t know what the travel gods might throw at you, so I never leave home without a fully-charged iPad and a paperback. I know I don’t have to power down for takeoff and landing anymore, but I still like to have backup. 😉
2) I always take one of my Aquis Microfiber hair towels because I am incapable of balancing one of those giant hotel bath towels on your head.
3) My insulated lunch bag to use as a cooler. Believe it or not, many hotels don’t have a mini fridge in the room – even in the swankiest joints. Sheesh! Don’t you know Mags needs her Diet Coke, people?
4) Zip-lock bags and anti-bacterial wipes. We’ve all seen the black light stories on the news. ‘Nuff said.
5) Socks, socks and more socks. It’s a genetic defect. Apparently no person born to the Kidwell family can travel without at least 3-4 additional days of socks and underwear. What can I say? We like to be prepared for anything.
How about you? Do you have any little extras you like to pack to make you’re time away feel a little more like home? Comment below. I have two more weeks of this and I need all the help I can get!
Oh! And before I forget – if you like your stories a little steamy, be sure to pick up a copy of The Art Lover by Maggie Wells in the Kindle store – it’s free March 3-7, 2014!